Thursday, February 14, 2008

Some more info!

If anyone out there is reading this that isn't my English 1102 teacher, you are probably wondering why I am critiquing specific movies or my motives behind it.
Well, I am enrolled in an English 1102 at the Georgia Institute of Technology (go Jackets!) and the subject of focus is on international cinema and how it reflects on globalization and the history of its producing nation.
The films I critique are all the films we are required to view by our teacher. They run the gamut of countries (China, Iran, former-Yugoslavia, South Korea, etc), but, due to the breadth of the topic, certain countries were left out, most notably those on the African continent.
I hope you all enjoy it and I will attempt to post critiques of films I watch outside of class, but most of those will be of the American or Japanese varieties :P
-Julian

No comments: